I have a confession to make. I am absolutely and completely addicted to organization. I didn’t say that I am organized. I am obsessed with the whole IDEA of being organized. I love the feeling I get when I have a new plan. I would seriously love to have just half of the money back that I have spent on planners, calendars, binders, baskets, plastic containers… My husband thinks my need for lists is hysterical.
Pinterest and all of the blogs that I follow in my RSS reader could send me into a downward spiral, but I do believe that I have finally found what works for me. I have pulled the parts that I like from all of the systems I have tried.
- I have a planner from Erin Condren that I love, and use the Franklin Covey methods I learned in the 90’s in it.
- I use the Getting Things Done method of contexts to manage my tasks, as described in this post by 43 Folders.
- I use a time management printable from i heart organizing to make a permanent weekly schedule I can consult as the framework for my week.
- I have a Flylady control journal I use for my cleaning schedule with her zones, but I prefer the way that Time-Warp Wife breaks her cleaning up daily to the true Flylady method.
I use a kitchen command center to store my control journal and the next action files (Getting Things Done again) I need easy access to based on a bowl full of lemons.
I use Southern Savers for all of my couponing, and use the whole insert method with a cancelled check file.
I have started compiling a family recipe book of our family favorites with a holiday section for our traditions.
8. I have a binder I have started to organize for our “new” house.
And the “working on” and “would like to” lists go on and on and on…
I am going to be posting all of my organizing projects here on my blog each Tuesday for all to see!
p style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: 15px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; outline-width: 0; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; padding: 0; margin: 0 0 1.615em; border: 0 initial initial;”>Kary