This year I am doing a weekly series every Monday on organizing. There is a great book that I found on Amazon, organize now, by Jennifer Ford Berry. The thing I really love about this book is that it is broken up in to weeks. There is a project for every week of the year, plus a few more. I am doing all of the weekly challenges this year, but I am changing the order up a bit.
Any printables from the Organize Now series are available here…
I am so crazy that I have all of my bag contents in printable form! I have them laminated so that I can take them along with me when I travel, and can also use them to check inventories and see what I need to replace.
I am now skipping back to the section in the book entitled “Organize Your Things.”
I showed you my purse and what was in it. Which was embarrassing. Now I am really going to be ashamed when I put this load of crazy on the table.
When I first posted this I forgot to include a picture of my tote. It is a Louis Vuitton that, of course, has been discontinued. No bells and whistles, just one side pocket, and it does have shoulder straps.
This is all of the stuff I like to have with me, but I don’t want or need to lug into the grocery store or Lowe’s or a restaurant.
I separate all of my stuff in to pouches for a few reasons. It makes it really easy to find what you want for one. Another reason is that it makes it really easy to switch back and forth between bags. I have a sunscreen pouch. I take it in my baseball bag to games. I can then switch it to my beach/pool bag.
Almost all of my pouches are from Blue Q. They are inexpensive, durable, and cute. Plus, I chose pouches that are self explanatory. The “First Aid” one has first aid in it. The one with cell phones on it has electronics in it. The pencil pouch is in fact a pencil pouch. Guess what the “Random Crap” one has in it! Ding ding ding! You guessed it…random crap!
Here is what is in my Crazy Lady Tote…
1. Large Travelon pouch with paperwork in it…the stuff I need with me when I go to the DMV, or paperwork I need to fill out while I am sitting at baseball practice. I love these pouches…I have three sets!
2. Pencil pouch
3. Cell phone pouch (electronics)
4. Control panel pouch (chargers)
5. Random Crap pouch
6. First Aid pouch
7. Airmail pouch
8. Louis Vuitton umbrella
9. Canon Powershot camera (my big camera is in a separate bag)
10. Fold-up shopping bag
11. Platypus collapsible water bottle
In my electronics pouch I have…
19. Screen wipes
20. Classic iPod
21. 30 pin to lightning adapter
22. IPad lightning to SD cable
23. Halo Pocket Power
24. USB card reader, with extra SD card
Whoops! I forgot to show my USB drive, which I had on my key ring.
In my “Random Crap” pouch I have…
26. Cottonelle wipes
27. Wet Ones
28. Hand sanitizer
30. Manicure set
31. Extra ziploc bag
32. Tide stain stick
33. Eye drops
34. Eye glass repair kit
35. Lint brush
36. Swiss Army knife
37. Sewing kit and safety pins
38. Tea bags and sweetener
In my “First Aid” pouch I have…
42. Glucose tablets (I am diabetic)
44. Extra dose of my prescription medications
45. Pepto Bismol
46. Feminine protection
48. Dental floss
49. Ziploc bag with bandaids and Neosporin
In my Hobonichi Plannerthat I take everywhere, I have more office supplies. In my paper pouch I have…
50. Pocket Moleskine Volant Notebook
51. Small tape measure
52. Small ruler
55. Sticky notes
56. Paper clips, binder clips, staples
57. Washi tape
59. Blank note cards
62. White out