I have been a major blog slacker. I have been having a really bad few weeks. Things were pretty rotten, but then the past six days have been REALLY bad. In the past 24 hours alone I have had to have my Suburban towed…twice…after it died on me on the way to a baseball game, had my water shut off due to a computer error, and was pulled over by a state trooper because I forgot to check the license tag on the car that I haven’t driven in a year and had to drive today because my Suburban died.
That is just the last 24 hours.
Today I needed something easy and preferably slow cooker for dinner. This recipe only involves opening a jar of salsa verde, ripping open a package of chicken breasts, and ripping open a packet of ranch dressing mix.
I can handle that.
I served my tacos with tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, guacamole and salsa. You can pick anything you like. All we really wanted with it was some cantaloupe.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used three)
- i jar salsa verde (I used Herdez)
- i packet ranch dressing mix (I used Hidden Valley)
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker
- Cover chicken breasts with salsa verde
- Sprinkle ranch dressing mix on top
- Cook on low around 4 hours
- Shred chicken with two forks
And a Really Bad Week Cocktail.