Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving?
My mother is making the turkey, and I am making everything else. I have my menu ready…here is my plan:
Monday and Tuesday
- I am going to be making my family eat leftovers and whatever is in the bottom of the bins on Monday and Tuesday to get the refrigerator cleaned out.
- i will go ahead and set the table, and get out all of my serving dishes.
- Does anyone else do something weird like this? I write down all of my dishes on slips of paper, and put them in the dish I am using to serve it.
- I will start getting the cornbread and biscuits for the dressing cooked.
- I will make the sweet potato soufflé, Arkansas green beans, ambrosia, and cranberry relish and stick them in the fridge.
- I will make all of the pies.
- I will finish mixing up the dressing and get it ready to put in the oven.
- I will prep the macaroni and cheese for the oven.
- Two hours ahead of dinner, I will put the dressing, macaroni and cheese and sweet potato soufflé in the oven.
- One hour before dinner, I will put the sweet potato soufflé and green beans in the oven.
- I will get all of the beverages ready and set out the coffee creamer, sugar and butter.
- Then all I have to do is get the ambrosia and cranberry relish out of the fridge and set everything on my serving table!
I can hardly wait!!
I love Thanksgiving!