Who has a can of yams in their pantry? Who only cooks yams at Thanksgiving?
Don’t leave that can in there for another year! Yams can be used for so much more than just Candied Yams or Sweet Potato Soufflé!
This is one of the best muffins I have ever had, and one of the easiest recipes to make! I adapted it from a recipe for Pumpkin Muffins…I never have plain canned pumpkin in my pantry, but I always have Bruce’s Yams!
- For the muffins:
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 16 ounce can of yams (I use Bruce's Yams)
- ½ cup water
- For the glaze:
- 3 tablespoons butter; melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar; sifted
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or use liners.
- In mixing bowl, mash the can of yams, plus the liquid.
- Add cake mix and water.
- Mix until well blended.
- Scoop into muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 20-24 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the glaze by mixing together the melted butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and water.
- Whisk until smooth.
- When muffins have cooled slightly, dip the muffin crown into the glaze and allow the glaze to harden. At this point, you can leave them as is or go for the double dip. I glazed my muffins twice.