I know everyone has heard me go on and on about eating low carb.
In some situations it is really easy to find something to eat, and in some situations I end up either starving and wanting to chew my arm off, or falling off the wagon.
Parties are one of those situations that can be really difficult for people on a special diet. Although I would dearly love to eat pizza, chips and salsa, sub sandwiches, and all of that awesome stuff, it really isn’t good for me.
Wings…now those I can eat!
You have to be really careful with wings…some are breaded first, which makes them a low carb no-no. This recipe is awesome! Butter, parmesan, and spices. Low carb all the way!
This is one of those recipes that has been around for a while. I am not sure who came up with the name, but they really are addictive!
I really love the fact that these are baked, and that I don’t have to make a huge mess to make them. They can be a little soggy when they are done, so to remedy this I drain off any liquid left in the pan and stick them under the broiler to crisp up for just a couple of minutes.
- 4 lb chicken wings
- 1 c grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ c butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut the wings into drumsticks.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese and the parsley, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Line a shallow baking pan with foil. (Don't skip this step or you will have a hot mess!)
- Melt the butter in a shallow bowl or pan.
- Dip each drumstick in butter, roll in the cheese and seasoning mixture and arrange in the foil-lined pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown.