This is the slaw that I serve with my Slow Cooker Pulled Pork.
I absolutely love this stuff! What is truly awesome about it is the fact that you can actually freeze it.
Every year we stay for a week on an island in southwest Florida. There are no businesses on the island, so we eat at home for almost every meal. I always cook up a bunch of food at home, freeze it, and load it in a cooler with dry ice for the drive down. Then all I have to do is pull a pan of lasagna, chicken enchiladas, or pulled pork out of the freezer to thaw for supper.
This is one of the recipes I make and freeze to take with us. Who knew you could freeze slaw?
- 2-16 oz. bags of pre-shredded coleslaw
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. mustard seed
- Mix vinegar, sugar, water and mustard seed in 2 qt. pot.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Pour over cabbage and stir well.
- Let stand about 3 minutes before placing in fridge or freezer.