Please be advised that some of the links provided are affiliate links and I do receive a small commission if you make a purchase using those links. I very much appreciate your support of my blog if you do!
- The Subscription: Birchbox
- The Description: Birchbox is a discovery box that will send you 5 samples or full-size products. Earn rewards points by subscribing and reviewing your products that you can spend on full-size items on their site.
- The Price: $10 per month
- How it works: Birchbox is a beauty sampling subscription box. You’ll get at least 5 items every month to try out and see what you love. Birchbox is $10 a month, plus you accumulate points after reviewing the items in your box! You’ll get 10 points per item reviewed, and 100 points are equal to $10 in the shop.
- COUPON: Limited Time Only! Get your first month for 50% off! with coupon code 5BOX
This month my box contained:
POP Beauty POP Portfolio Eyeshadow Palette //Rituals Foaming Shower Gel//NER:D Skincare Miraculous Brightening Mask Pack//Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser//Malin + Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer//Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo//Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner
- I haven’t yet opened the eyeshadow, and I am saving the mask for some reason, but I have tried everything else!
- I have curly hair, and it is really hard to get curly hair shiny. I am always a skeptic about shampoos making a difference, but I could actually see a difference in my hair after I used the Davines Love products. I might just have to splurge.
- I liked the Malin + Goetz products, but not as much as my Julep Bare Face Oil and Night Rescue Mask.
- The shower gel is a bit too earthy smelling to me, as I am more of a fruity/floral kind of girl.
THE VERDICT: This box was worth it, if only for the shampoo and conditioner!
- The Subscription: Ipsy
- The Description: Full size and samples of makeup and beauty products. (Plus a makeup bag!)
- The Price: $10 a month (free shipping)
- How it works: Ipsy is a monthly beauty and makeup subscription box. Each month you get full size or deluxe-sized products, plus a cute makeup bag. I think it’s one of the best value beauty subscriptions and a great way to build out your makeup collection on the cheap!
In my Ipsy Glam Bag I received:
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream//NYX Cosmetics ipsy Eye Shadow Trio// tre’StiQue Mini Matte Lip Crayon//Vasanti Cosmetics Brighten Up! Exfoliating Cleanser//Formula X Nail Color in Ignite//Vasanti Cosmetics Brighten Up! Exfoliating Cleanser
- I am a little overwhelmed with eyeshadow right now. I like the colors in this one, it is a nice neutral, and will probably save it for travel.
- The lip pencil is too brown for me, and did not come with a top for some reason!
- I like the nail polish color for fall, and it is a great size for travel.
- I have actually gotten a sample of the cleanser before, and know that I like it.
- The cream has a nice feel, but I will admit that I was disappointed when I smelled it…no fragrance!
THE VERDICT: I am a little disappointed in this month’s bag. Ipsy bags are inexpensive, so it isn’t a huge loss, but I wasn’t very excited about any of the products.
- The Subscription: Pop Sugar Must Have Box
- The Description: POPSUGAR Must Have is a monthly lifestyle subscription box curated by the editors at POPSUGAR. Each box features their “must have” products for beauty, fashion, home, food, fitness and more. Every box has a value of $100+!
- The Price: $39.95 a month
- How it works: Pop Sugar Must Have Box is a monthly lifestyle subscription box for women. Each month they send a mix of items from categories like beauty, fashion, food, fitness, home, etc.
- COUPON: Use coupon code MUSTHAVE5 to save $5 off your first box.
It is no secret that this is one of the boxes that I always look forward to getting every month. It is expensive compared to Ipsy and Birchbox, but you really get some cool stuff!!
This month’s box contained:
Hudson+Bleecker Labyrinth Onyx Travel Trio//Kris Nations “XO” Stud Earrings//Too Faced Cosmetics Brow Envy Brow Shaping & Defining Kit//Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray//Nourish Snacks Almond to Cherries//NCLA So Rich Vitamin-E Enriched Cuticle Oil
- I LOVE the travel trio…the clear bag is great for your carry on, and the shoe bag and lingerie bag are awesome.
- The stud earrings are adorable!
- My eyebrow pencil is on its last 1/4 inch, so the timing of this eyebrow kit is perfect.
- The leave in conditioner smells awesome and makes my hair so much easier to comb through
- I gave the snack to my sons (I eat low carb) and they gave it a thumbs up!
- I will be honest and tell you that I have not yet used the cuticle oil, as anyone looking at my hands could tell.
THE VERDICT: I know this box is expensive, but it is totally worth it.
- The Subscription: Dollar Shave Club
- The Description: Pick out a handle and get your razor cartridges each month for one tiny fee. Add on extras like shave butter and flushable moist wipes
- The Price: $3-9 per month, depending on selection
- How it works: Dollar Shave Club is a shaving monthly subscription. You can get a twin razor for $3 per month , the 4x for $6 per month, or the executive for $9 per month. Your monthly shipment is generally just a package of blades, but you can add on a variety of shaving products and if you switch the blade or start a new subscription, your handle will be included in the box.
It may seem crazy to do a razor blade subscription, but I have a husband and two teenaged sons to buy razor blades for, not to mention for me. This is one less thing for me to worry about. I used to be all over CVS with my coupons, buying whatever was on sale. Then I had scenarios where everyone was trying to find handles and blades that fit each other, and I just realized that is so much easier to have everyone using the same handles and the same blades. It is kind of like that epiphany when I realized how much easier my life would be to do laundry if I only bought one brand and type of socks for my sons.
The razor blades and handle are great quality. Every month you have an opportunity to change your order, and you can add on extra handles and other stuff. Plus you get a cute little bathroom reader, and funny things written on the blade package.
THE VERDICT: TOTALLY worth it!
What subscription boxes do you get?