I cannot even imagine how many pot roast recipes I have tried through the years. I always seemed to be stuck on the old Campbell’s Soup recipe with cream of mushroom soup and dry onion soup mix. THIS pot roast is SO much better!! Here is the cast of characters (plus a chuck roast, of course!!)
All you have to do is put the chuck roast in the slow cooker (of course I have to use slow cooker liners…they make life SO much easier), and then pour the mixes on top of the roast. Throw your pepperoncini peppers and the butter on top, and cook on low for about 8 hours.
I take a couple of forks and shred the meat, then get rid of any big pieces of fat. This gravy is AWESOME!! I serve mine with mashed potatoes for the guys, and mashed cauliflower for low carb me.
- (1) 3-5 lb. chuck roast
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 8 Peperoncini peppers
- Place roast in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the top of the roast with the ranch dressing mix, the au jus mix and the onion soup mix. Place peppers on top of the mixes, and add the butter.
- Cook over low heat for 8 hours.
- Take two forks and shred the meat.
- Discard fatty pieces.
- Serve with noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.
What’s YOUR favorite pot roast recipe??