HOW IT ALL STARTED
This all started in March 2012. My mother was in the hospital having back surgery. My husband came over at lunch time to come sit with me and my father, and asked me, “Have you ever noticed that house up on the hill by the dam on Highway 14?”
..it was love at first sight. Three months later we were the proud owners of a dilapidated historic house.
I started this blog to document the restoration of the Arthur Barnwell House c. 1880, but it has taken over my
junk antiques business, and my entire life!
I’ve split the blog into 5 main categories: junk, cooking, planning/organizing and home/garden.
I am a married, stay-at-home wife with four sons, two grown and two still at home, two dogs and one cat.
WHO THIS SITE IS FOR:
I love when my friends post one of my blog posts on Facebook and comment, “She is so organized!.” It is all a facade. I am constantly trying my best to juggle everything in my life, just like very other woman I know, and this blog is as much for me as it is for my readers.
I am always trying to come up with or find convenient recipes, cleaning systems, planners and organizational systems to make my family’s life function better!
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I was born in 1969
- My father was in the USAF
- I went to 8 schools by the time I graduated from high school
- I have lived in Ohio, Illinois, California, Louisiana, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, and South Carolina
- My husband is my very best friend
- My husband and I only dated for 5 weeks and 4 days when we got married
- I drive too fast
- I was a really good tap dancer…I also took ballet, jazz, clogging and gymnastics
- I love electronic gadgets…I have a MacBook Air, an iPad Air, an iPhone 6 and an iPod classic…plus a Kindle…
- I prefer the beach to the mountains
- I have attended the University of Miami, Clemson University, and the University of South Carolina
- I love hot tea
- I have ADD
- I worked in the emergency room for 4 years
- My favorite color is turquoise
- I like to buy clothes that mix and match, like Garanimals for adults.
- I hate to go shopping, and shop almost entirely online
- I am an introvert
- I read an abnormally large amount of books, and prefer cozy mysteries
- I hate sappy movies
- My music tastes are rather inappropriate for someone my age, I have always preferred alternative rock
- I am not fond of cats
- I love big dogs…
- My favorite food is almost anything seafood
- I HATE sour cream and cottage cheese…and yogurt. Unless it is frozen yogurt.
- My favorite desserts are cheesecake and creme brûlée
- I am a pretty good cook
- I am obsessed with planners
- I love office supplies
- I am very rarely in a bad mood
- I am diabetic
more to come…